Employer Information Sessions
Employer Information Sessions provide a strategic way to showcase your organization, promote your job opportunities to a targeted audience, and meet with our enthusiastic and talented students.
Why host an Employer Information Session:
- Meet with talented and engaged candidates
- Raise your profile and brand on campus by connecting with students from targeted programs and specific year levels
- Promote upcoming and current new graduate, full-time, and co-op employment opportunities
Employer Information Sessions Include:
- Logistical planning for the session provided by the Events Coordinator
- Student registration system set-up and management
- Virtual: Flexibility to use your organization's preferred video communication platform or the University of Guelph-supported platforms (MS Teams).
- In-person: Room booking in a space on campus
- Promotion to students and faculty through a variety of channels, ensuring exposure
- Final details information communicated in advance of the session including registration update
- Day-of touchpoint with Event Coordinator to ensure success at your session
- Online job postings on Experience Guelph
- Post-session follow-up with Event Coordinator
- Cost: No cost
- Note: Costs for some room bookings, access to the AV console, and hospitality are the responsibility of the employer
Employer Information Session Dates:
- September to November
- January to March
- May to July
Note: There are peak times during each semester when students will be very busy with assignments, projects, and midterms.
Session Length and Timing:
Employer Recruitment Sessions are typically booked for 1- 1½ hours. Time of day can vary based on class schedules. There is no 'best' time of day to host a session, however, we will work with you to find the best possible time of day.
If you require more information about hosting an Employer Information Session please contact:
Sarah Goody, Events Coordinator
(519) 824 - 4120 x 52432